- Business & Money
- Management & Leadership
Enjoy fast, free delivery, exclusive deals, and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime Try Prime and start saving today with fast, free delivery
Amazon Prime includes:
Fast, FREE Delivery is available to Prime members. To join, select "Try Amazon Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery" below the Add to Cart button.
- Cardmembers earn 5% Back at Amazon.com with a Prime Credit Card.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Listen to over 2 million songs and hundreds of playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with anywhere access
Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the free trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a monthly membership.
Buy new: $15.51 $15.51 FREE delivery: Friday, Dec 8 on orders over $35.00 shipped by Amazon. Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
- Go to your orders and start the return
- Select the return method
Buy used: $7.02
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the program.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required .
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
- To view this video download Flash Player
Follow the authors
Rule The Room: A Unique, Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Making a Successful Presentation Paperback – January 1, 2014
- Paperback $15.51 24 Used from $1.85 19 New from $11.51
Purchase options and add-ons
- Print length 215 pages
- Language English
- Publisher Morgan James Publishing
- Publication date January 1, 2014
- Dimensions 6 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- ISBN-10 1614486131
- ISBN-13 978-1614486138
- See all details
Frequently bought together
Popular titles by this author
About the author, excerpt. © reprinted by permission. all rights reserved., product details.
- Publisher : Morgan James Publishing (January 1, 2014)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 215 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1614486131
- ISBN-13 : 978-1614486138
- Item Weight : 13.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- #1,174 in Running Meetings & Presentations (Books)
- #1,492 in Leadership Training
- #4,842 in Communication Skills
To report an issue with this product, click here .
About the authors
Dale Burg has written 24 books, solo or in collaboration, as well as hundreds of magazine articles and columns, on many topics and in genres from how-to to personal essay. She has written for film and television and taught editing, feature and comedy writing.
Jason Teteak is the visionary founder and CEO of Rule The Room and author of Rule The Room, A Unique, Practical, and Comprehensive Guide to Making a Successful Presentation
In twenty years of working as a presenter and coach, he has trained more than fifty thousand professionals to Rule the Room and has appeared before hundreds of thousands of people. He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring communications skills via practical, simple, universal, immediately actionable techniques.
Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the presentation coach and trainer who trains the trainers.”
In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private coach and a consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporate executives.
He has developed more than fifty presentation and communication training programs ranging in length from one hour to three days that serve as the basis for this unique, practical, and comprehensive guide.
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
- Sort reviews by Top reviews Most recent Top reviews
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. please try again later..
Top reviews from other countries
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
Presentation Skills Training - Online Public Speaking Courses | Rule the Room Today!
Rule the Room is here to help improve your presentation skills. Jason Teteak's custom training courses are perfect to improve your public speaking skills today!
Presto: Presentation Wow Factor
Do you want to learn how to create and deliver an amazing presentation capable of changing people’s behavior , learn the proven techniques to:.
- Get the instant wow factor
- Create and deliver an amazing presentation
- Gain your audiences respect, and earn their applause
- and so much more.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- 1+ hours of on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile, tablet and desktop
What You’re About To Discover…
- Be certain your audience will crave everything you have to say…
- Identify what your audience wants and get them engaged by explaining how you are going to give it to them…
- Get the attention of your audience in the first minute
- BONUS! Free 36 Page Ebook On “How to Give an Effective Presentation” included with the video!
- And much, much more…
- Module One: Introduction and Welcome
- You’ll learn everything you need to know before, during, and after a presentation to make sure the audience walks away from the presentation saying, “Wow, that was an amazing presentation.”
- Module Two: Prepare Well
- Be certain your audience will crave everything you have to say. The only reason why someone would want to leave your presentation before you are finished is because you didn’t deliver what you said you would within the first five to fifteen minutes. The way to do that is to prepare the right way, and that’s exactly what you’ll learn how to do.ot.
- Module Three: Open Convincingly
- Grab the attention of your audience within the first minute. When you open, you need to start with your hook. To create the hook you want to use, you must first determine what types of tasks your audience members perform on a daily basis. You can then use those tasks to tell them why it’s important and helpful for them to know your content. Tell them why it’s cool for them, and you’ll have them from hello.
- Module Four: Speak Effectively
- Persuade your audience with your words and tone of voice. You’ll learn how to say and use the right language to lift your audience up with your words rather than saddening or offending them. If you don’t think you do this, then you really need to hear this section. Finally, you’ll learn how to master your tone so that you look and feel like the expert that you are.
- Module Five: Make it Enjoyable and Add Visual Variety
- Entertain your audience using your own unique style. If you really want to “wow” your audience then you’ve got to make sure your presentations are enjoyable. Maybe the most powerful thing I have learned about humor is that people don’t laugh just because they think things are funny. They laugh because they feel good. This will change your entire way of thinking about what to do with humor in your presentations.
- Make your visuals clearer and more memorable. There are several ways you can build variety into your presentations. You’ll discover some of the top tips such as the circle of knowledge, the top do’s and don’ts of using visual aids and PowerPoint slides, and even how to demo for effect.
- Module Six: Present With Your Body
- Use your face and body language with dynamic effect. Body language and facial expressions are some of the most powerful tools of a presenter. Keep in mind that only 7% of your communication to your audience is what you say. Of what’s left, 55% is your body language and facial expressions, and 38% is tone. You’ll learn the top tips from me on how to use all three.
- Module Seven: Close to Applause
- Move your audience to respond with enthusiasm. When you close you will need to make sure you finish by the time you promised. You’ll not only be able to accomplish that each and every time, you’ll get the applause you’ve been seeking after every presentation you do.
Try Presto Today
- Presentation Training - How to Rule the Room With a High Performance Presentation
- Presentation Courses
Are you a manager, salesperson, business owner or public speaker who gives business presentations as a regular part of your career? Maybe this is a skill you are looking to develop. Either way you will want to read on and discover some of the best ways to add impact to your presentations.
Simple changes can lead to big results. With some focused presentation training you will see a more engaged audience, focused energy and momentum, and better results on the back end.
Keep Your Audience Engaged
How long is your presentation? I highly recommend that you watch a few presentations from TED which are limited to 20 minutes each regardless of the content. Everyone from Al Gore to Bill Gates has presented and impressed audiences in just 20 minutes.
Take a cue from presentation expert Garr Reynolds and learn from the Japanese art of presenting. Less is More. Sometimes we feel pressure to have crowded slides packed with information and long presentations jammed with detail after detail. More information does not equal a more effective business presentations.
Keep your presentations to 20-30 minutes. You will hold your audiences attention better and it will require you to remove non-critical words or sections.
Like a great movie or song, when you are forced to say only the most important things, you end up with a high impact, highly effective presentation that lasts 30 minutes. Meanwhile your full hour long monologue would have killed the room and drained the energy. Momentum is everything so keep it moving forward! I promise that it will show up in your results.
Improving PowerPoint and Keynote Slide Design
In your presentation training be sure to include learning more about PowerPoint and Keynote slide design. You do not have to be a design expert, but educating yourself is important to your success. Your slides will impact your presentation and can enhance or detract from your results.
It doesn't matter if you are leading a business meeting, sales presentation, sales training, marketing video or if you are a professional public speaker, your slides can move and inspire people into action, or bore and confuse your audience.
Each slide should focus on just one point. Limit yourself to 6 words or one large picture (or graph) with few or no words at all. The picture ideally should be expanded to fill the page. So that ultimately your slide will look like a billboard, rather than a newspaper article.
Memorize Your Presentation
Lastly, be sure that your notes or cue cards are not taking over you, or your presentation. Know your material well so that you can relax and focus on conveying your message and connecting with your audience. Never read your slides, or stand fumbling with notes. That is a sure fire way to appear nervous and novice. We will be sharing more information on the best way to quickly memorize material in upcoming articles and programs.
Presentation Training does not need to be complicated or overwhelming. Small changes will make a huge impact on how you connect with your audience, how you inspire them into action, and how confident you feel.
The next time your stand before a group of your peers, or an audience of strangers, apply these presentation training tips and rule the room!
APPLY THESE TIPS TODAY
Time your presentation. Keep under 30 minutes. Remove non-essential content. Review and reduce slide content. Know your material. Look like a pro!
Kristin Thompson is a professional speaker and sales trainer in Portland, Oregon. She has been invited to speak for RE/MAX Equity Group, Smith Barney, Neil Kelly Designers, Wells Fargo, Bank of America and a long list of other successful companies! She trains business owners, managers, sales teams, and other professional speakers uncover their true potential, enhance their skills, and improve their results. Kristin specializes in helping professionals learn how to deliver powerful presentations from memory using advanced recall memory training techniques!
- No menu assigned!
Rule the Room: A Unique, Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Making a Successful Presentation
- 0 Shares Share 0
- Reviews (0)
As a financial representative, you make presentations every day.
Rule the Room is the product of Jason Teteak’s twenty-year experience as a trainer and coach. His thoroughly tested advice covers every presenter’s concerns, from hooking the audience immediately to entertaining them, and from overcoming your fears to handling questions.
He covers every base—content creation, delivery, audience management— with an overview plus step-by-step instructions, review exercises, and scores of specific and practical tips. Whether you want to persuade, motivate, teach, or inspire, Rule the Room can be your guide.
“Great practical guidance for new – advanced presenters. Jason, provides an very robust framework for improving presentations. The tips are great very practical and down to earth, book is full of ideas that will get you retooling some of your presentations and making them fundamentally so much better.”
-Justin Beck, CEO, PerBlue
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Video Program – Stack The Deck
Video Program- Facilitator Bootcamp
Video program- rack up repeat sales, video program – win the relationship, members area, the legal stuff.
- FTC Disclosure
- Terms and Conditions
How to Train All Four Learning Styles Simultaneously
Want to become a more engaging, rock star trainer? Use our Proven Step-by-Step System to learn the tools you can use to engage every time you teach or train anybody anything and reach every learner anywhere.
This is Part 2 of a 3-part series on becoming a better trainer through Universal Learning Transfer Maximization (ULTM).
- Part 1 – Case Study: #1 Reason For Under-Performing Trainees
- Part 2 – [You Are Here] How To Reach All Four Learning Styles Simultaneously
- Part 3 – Train The Way They Learn
This is the difference…
The difference between the bombing , disconnected trainer and the engaging , rock star trainer is…
Knowing who you are.
The disconnected, un-successful trainers don’t know their style. The flailing trainer isn’t connecting with ALL the styles of their audience.
If this sounds like you… it’s not your fault.
They don’t teach this stuff in training and teaching courses. Heck, they don’t even teach this stuff in graduate education school.
The crazy thing is that it’s SO much easier to teach and be inclusive…
…once you know YOUR style, and embrace the others, you connect with your students and they LEARN from you.
Here’s the BIG concept: You were BORN as one of these styles.
Take the Learning Styles quiz now to find your style.
Now that you know WHO you are, here’s how you use it (because knowing is half the battle—GI Joe)…
Watch the Video Here
This is so simple you might miss it, but it is just this simple .
Discover your style. Embrace the others… Succeed.
Let’s take a look at the two groupings of people on this quadrant…the left side of the quadrant and the right.
When you divide the quadrant vertically, the left side of the quadrant is where all the “traditional” learners live…
You know…the ones who love traditional college classes and lecture. (Hint: a lot of professors live in these quadrants). Here are very common things we see all the time with the “lefties”…
The “non-traditional” learners face a whole host of other issues…
These are the very common things we see all the time with the “rightees”…
Either way, you need to be aware.
You need to know your position on LS quadrant so you can supplement and cover the rest of the audiences’ needs.
To teach your content so you get the attention of everyone in the audience, you have to make sure you address each of the four learning styles:
- Step Learners
- Talk Learners
- Research Learners
- Create Learners
This learning style model applies to all adults.
Everyone can learn in all four styles, but not equally well.
Each of the four learning styles is the predominant learning style of approximately one-fourth of the population, and everyone has a secondary learning style as well.
In the Bullseye Learning Style training we’ll show you how to unlock the power of not just your natural learning style, but how to cover all of your audience learning styles and needs to reach every learner every time.
We’ll show you EXACTLY how we taught four sets of learners simultaneously in a classroom (Hint: Get Consistent Evals).
My learning style theory is based on years of experiential research.
When I presented this theory to a group of educators and business leaders, one individual told me this information would have been enormously helpful to him when his daughter was a young student.
When I described what he instantly recognized as her learning style, he realized she’d had problems in school because that wasn’t the style in which she was being taught.
What’s critical for trainers to understand is that we instinctively train in the same style in which we learn…
… which means we are effective in teaching only the 25 percent of the audience that is in our own learning category.
(Need Learning Style training? Learn more about Rule the Room’s 15-Step Recipe to Reach Every Learner Each And Every Time by clicking here. )
About Jason Teteak
Jason Teteak is the Founder and CEO of Rule the Room Train the Trainer. Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the Epic trainer of trainers.” In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private training coach and training consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporations.
In 20 years of working as a trainer and a trainer coach, he has helped more than 100,000 training professionals to “Rule the Room” and has appeared before more than 2,000,000 people. He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring training skills via practical, simple, universal and immediately actionable techniques.
- Instructional Design
- Leadership Development
- Train the Trainer
- Learning Styles Quiz
- Presentation Personality Quiz
- TTT Lab Sign In
- TTTHQ Sign In
- Jason Teteak: Rule the Room Train the Trainer
Pin It on Pinterest
- Print Friendly