MyBib: Free Citation Generator
- Free Tools for Students
- APA Citation Generator
Free APA Citation Generator
Generate citations in APA format quickly and automatically, with MyBib!
🤔 What is an APA Citation Generator?
An APA citation generator is a software tool that will automatically format academic citations in the American Psychological Association (APA) style.
It will usually request vital details about a source -- like the authors, title, and publish date -- and will output these details with the correct punctuation and layout required by the official APA style guide.
Formatted citations created by a generator can be copied into the bibliography of an academic paper as a way to give credit to the sources referenced in the main body of the paper.
👩🎓 Who uses an APA Citation Generator?
College-level and post-graduate students are most likely to use an APA citation generator, because APA style is the most favored style at these learning levels. Before college, in middle and high school, MLA style is more likely to be used. In other parts of the world styles such as Harvard (UK and Australia) and DIN 1505 (Europe) are used more often.
🙌 Why should I use a Citation Generator?
Like almost every other citation style, APA style can be cryptic and hard to understand when formatting citations. Citations can take an unreasonable amount of time to format manually, and it is easy to accidentally include errors. By using a citation generator to do this work you will:
- Save a considerable amount of time
- Ensure that your citations are consistent and formatted correctly
- Be rewarded with a higher grade
In academia, bibliographies are graded on their accuracy against the official APA rulebook, so it is important for students to ensure their citations are formatted correctly. Special attention should also be given to ensure the entire document (including main body) is structured according to the APA guidelines. Our complete APA format guide has everything you need know to make sure you get it right (including examples and diagrams).
⚙️ How do I use MyBib's APA Citation Generator?
Our APA generator was built with a focus on simplicity and speed. To generate a formatted reference list or bibliography just follow these steps:
- Start by searching for the source you want to cite in the search box at the top of the page.
- MyBib will automatically locate all the required information. If any is missing you can add it yourself.
- Your citation will be generated correctly with the information provided and added to your bibliography.
- Repeat for each citation, then download the formatted list and append it to the end of your paper.
MyBib supports the following for APA style:
Daniel is a qualified librarian, former teacher, and citation expert. He has been contributing to MyBib since 2018.
MyBib: Free Citation Generator for Google Chrome
- V 1.1.28
- Security Status
MyBib - A Free, Powerful, and Easy-To-Use App for Generating Citations
MyBib is an innovative and free bibliography and citation generator designed to simplify academic referencing needs. With the Chrome add-on provided, users can effortlessly generate accurate citations in APA style, MLA format, Harvard referencing style, and over 9,000 other citation styles. Whether one is browsing webpages or PDFs, the process remains straightforward – by simply clicking the MyBib button, a properly formatted citation for the viewed content is instantly created.
Going beyond the basics, MyBib offers citation styles tailored to the specific requirements of users' schools, encompassing APA 6, APA 7, MLA 8, Harvard, AMA, and Chicago, among others. The generated citations can be easily copied into academic assignments and papers. Users enjoy the flexibility to save citations to their bibliographies, export them to citation managers like Zotero or Mendeley, print them, or even save them as BibTeX files.
User reviews about MyBib: Free Citation Generator
Have you tried MyBib: Free Citation Generator? Be the first to leave your opinion!
Free pizzas for the entire United States! One of the most delicious marketing mistakes in history
Microsoft is improving its Photos app for Windows with new AI-powered tools
Sony’s PlayStation has patented a technology that aims to change video games
Microsoft launches Bing Webmaster Tools on Android
The new iPhone 15 features support for Thread: what does it mean for our smart homes?
NASA just released the picture of a baby star, and it’s the most impressive thing you’ll see today
The Burning Body: What is the real story behind the Netflix series?
The 3 keys to the Razer Viper V3 HyperSpeed
When does Berlin, the Money Heist spin-off, come out? We have a Netflix release date
When will macOS Sonoma be released: earlier than expected
Laws concerning the use of this software vary from country to country. We do not encourage or condone the use of this program if it is in violation of these laws.
In Softonic we scan all the files hosted on our platform to assess and avoid any potential harm for your device. Our team performs checks each time a new file is uploaded and periodically reviews files to confirm or update their status. This comprehensive process allows us to set a status for any downloadable file as follows:
It’s extremely likely that this software program is clean.
What does this mean?
We have scanned the file and URLs associated with this software program in more than 50 of the world's leading antivirus services; no possible threat has been detected.
This software program is potentially malicious or may contain unwanted bundled software.
Why is the software program still available?
Based on our scan system, we have determined that these flags are possibly false positives .
What is a false positive?
It means a benign program is wrongfully flagged as malicious due to an overly broad detection signature or algorithm used in an antivirus program.
It’s highly probable this software program is malicious or contains unwanted bundled software.
Why is this software program no longer available in our Catalog?
Based on our scan system, we have determined that these flags are likely to be real positives.
Your review for MyBib: Free Citation Generator
Thank you for rating!
What do you think about MyBib: Free Citation Generator? Do you recommend it? Why?
OOPS! This is embarrassing...
Something’s gone terribly wrong. Try this instead
- More Referencing guides Blog Automated transliteration Relevant bibliographies by topics
- Automated transliteration
- Relevant bibliographies by topics
- Referencing guides
MyBib – a free alternative
Create a spot-on reference in APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and other styles
Select a source type:
- Journal article
- Video (online)
- All types...
- Archival document
- Book chapter
- Complete reference
- Conference paper
- Copyright certificate
- Dictionary entry
- Dissertation / Thesis
- Encyclopedia article
- Extended abstract of dissertation
- Newspaper article
- Press release
- Religious text
- Social media post
What is MyBib?
MyBib is an online tool that contains the MyBib APA, MyBib MLA, MyBib Chicago, MyBib IEEE, and a range of other citation generators.
What are the pros and cons of the MyBib citation generator?
- My Bib is free of charge;
- the service offers citations in more than 7,000 citation styles;
- you can export your references in Microsoft Word and in BibTex;
- the website offers tools and tips to make the creation of references easier.
- the MyBib citation generators contain multiple flaws, including in the most simple cases: for example, the erroneous indication of page range for books in APA, the indication of the 1st edition number or incorrect indication of page range in Chicago Style, and other errors;
- the MyBib generator does not allow citing correctly some basic source types, for example, even a volume included in a multivolume edition;
- there are no popular source types such as preprint or archival document;
- you cannot switch the language of your bibliography, which means that your references will only be in English;
- your legal citations in the My Bib generator can only be done for the United States;
- the website is not adapted to mobile devices and can be used only from a desktop computer.
How is Grafiati better than MyBib?
MyBib uses the same faulty open-source code as most other popular citation services such as Zotero, Citethisforme, Citation Machine, and so on. Therefore, MyBib just provides a different interface and some minor additional tools, but is unable to develop this code and therefore copies all the errors and flaws that you will find on the abovementioned services.
We at Grafiati adhere to a completely different approach. We devote as much time as needed to implement a new citation style on our web service: we study the appropriate publication manual and we write all the required algorithms. As a result, you get unique features, and we are able to develop our code as our users need it.
So, why should you use Grafiati instead of My Bib?
- As explained above, we deliver a fully customized and personalized service.
- We provide the most accurate references and citations on the web. You will not find 7,000 citation styles on our service, but you will enjoy the most accurate and detailed citations in the latest editions of APA, MLA, Chicago Style, Harvard, ISO 690:2010, and a number of other most popular international citation styles.
- Our service is all flexible. You can get the references you need. For example, you can give the names of not only authors, editors, and translators, but also of compilers, arrangers, illustrators, and so on.
- Grafiati is adapted to any kind of device and provides the best experience on a desktop computer, a tablet, or a mobile phone.
- You can create bibliographies in different languages, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Polish.
- You have the access to legal citations adapted to your country, which is a feature unavailable elsewhere on the web.
- You get a responsive support team and can submit your suggestions and recommendations that will be definitely taken into account in the subsequent development of our service.
How to use your bibliographic management service?
On our homepage , you will find everything you need: the menus for choosing a citation style, the source types to cite, the sorting options, and so on. We seek making everything to the utmost simple and user-friendly.
You can use Grafiati either on a free basis with some limitations or by buying one of our optimum premium packages . You can also create references without registration. Find out more about our service in this section .
How to Properly Reference Software in a Research Paper?
ABNT NBR 10520:2023 online citation generator [NEW]
World pioneers: new citation styles added by Grafiati
ASCE reference generator
ASA (7th ed.) reference generator
New Zealand Law Style Guide (NZLSG) reference generator
AGLC (Australian Guide to Legal Citation) reference generator
How to reference video games in a research paper
DGPs (5th ed.) reference generator: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie – Richtlinien zur Manuskriptgestaltung (5. Aufl.)
GSA (Geological Society of America) reference generator
Ηλεκτρονική γεννήτρια παραπομπών APA
CEUR-WS reference generator
RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) reference generator
AIP (American Institute of Physics) reference generator
How to cite an Instagram post?
How to write acknowledgements for a thesis
ASABE reference generator
Top 10 most cited papers in 2022 (global ranking)
Cite Them Right Harvard referencing generator
Bluebook footnote generator (Whitepages / Law Reviews) online
Chicago 16 citation generator online
ANSI/NISO Z39.29-2005 (R2010) reference generator
Australian Government Style Manual reference generator
APA alıntı oluşturucu çevrimiçi
Generator de citate APA online
Generátor citací APA online
Harvard Australia (AGPS) reference generator
APA 6 citation generator online
CSE citation generator online
How to cite a tweet?
NP 405 reference generator online
Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals citation generator
NLM citation generator
Unified Style Sheet for Linguistics reference generator
ISO 690:2021 references generator online
How to cite a YouTube video?
MHRA reference generator online
ACS citation generator online
How to cite a Tumblr post?
ICONTEC references generator online
Online legal citations generator
BibGuru – a free alternative
NoodleTools – a free alternative
Turabian citation generator online
A guide to citation styles: which one to choose?
ABNT citation generator online [Update 2023]
OSCOLA citation generator online
AMA citation generator online
MLA 9 citation generator online – NEW 2021!
IEEE referencing generator online
Vancouver referencing generator online
ISO 690:2010 references generator online
Paperpile – a free alternative
Chegg – a free alternative
RefWorks – a free alternative
RefMe – a free alternative
KnightCite – a free alternative
Endnote – a free alternative
Mendeley – a free alternative
ZoteroBib – a free alternative
Zotero – a free alternative
Citavi – a free alternative
Citefast – a free alternative
Scribbr – a free alternative
EasyBib – a free alternative
BibMe – a free alternative
Citation Machine – a free alternative
Citethisforme – a free alternative
Chicago Style citation generator online
Harvard referencing generator online
MLA citation generator online
APA citation generator online