Steps of Article Writing
Article Writing Format: Suppose you have some opinions regarding a topic and you want to tell people about it. How will you do so? You can tell the opinions to persons near you. But what if you want to tell not only those people but, say, the world? How will you do so? You will write those opinions, isn’t it?
Many a time you have seen some writers or people write their problems and suggestions in some newspapers, magazines, and journals or in their blogs. They are writing their opinions and beliefs in the form of an article. In this section, we will get ourselves familiar with article writing and the article writing format.
An article is a piece of writing written for a large audience. The main motive behind writing an article is that it should be published in either newspapers or magazines or journals so as to make some difference to the world.
It may be the topics of interest of the writer or it may be related to some current issues. The topic can either be serious or not-so-serious; Same goes for its tone and language.
Browse more Topics under Article Writing
- Definition, Essential Elements of Article Writing
Objectives of Article Writing
An article is written with the following objectives
- It brings out the topics or the matter of interest in the limelight
- The article provides information on the topics
- It offers suggestions and pieces of advice
- It influences the readers and urges them to think
- The article discusses various stories, persons, locations, rising-issues, and technical developments
The Format of Article Writing
An article must be organized in a proper way so as to draw the attention of the readers. The basic outline for an article writing format is
- Heading / Title
- A line having the writer’s name
- Body (the main part of the article, 2 – 3 paragraphs)
- Conclusion (Ending paragraph of the article with the opinion or recommendation, anticipation or an appeal)
Steps for Article Writing Format
Think of the topic you want to write the article about. Only after you’ve decided your topic you can go ahead and undertake the further steps in the process one by one:
- Target Audience: Identify the concerning reading group
- Purpose: Find the objective or aim of writing the article
- Collect & Select: Gather as such information as possible. Also, identify the details that are most significant
- Organize: Arrange the information and the facts in a logical way
Once you’ve taken care of all the Above steps you move forward to the final step- Writing.
- While writing an article, always use proper grammar , spelling , and proper punctuations
- Use vocabulary skill
- Keep the introduction of the topic catching, interesting, and short
- Discuss the opinion and the matter in an organized and descriptive manner
Common Mistakes in the Article Writing Format
Now that you know the steps of article writing and the article writing format, the occurrence of mistakes becomes obvious. Some of the common mistakes are:
- Not using facts or quotes or similar cases
- The language should not be too formal
- The article must be in easy language for better understanding
- The title of the article must be catchy and clearly understandable
- No use of paragraphs
- Expressing personal views is fine but the author must never talk about himself/herself
Points to Keep in Mind for the Article Writing Format
- The topics of the articles should be unique and relevant
- The article has to get attention
- It has to be interesting
- It has to be easy to read
- The reader is identified
- Find the main goal of writing an article. The goal can be anything from providing information, entertainment, and advice or for comparing, etc.
- The title must be eye-catching, clear, and interesting
- The introduction or the starting paragraph must be highly attentive. Use your vocabulary skills or try to use some interrogative words for the start
- Use clear statements and make assertions
- Avoid repetition and over the top logic and reasons
- Use the style of paragraph writing and write the contents uniquely and unambiguously
- Avoid using the points which interest you only and not for the general public
- Write a good and logical ending
Solved Example on Steps of Article Writing
Problem: Classify the following into Do’s and Don’ts in article writing.
- Write very lengthy articles
- Add the writer’s name
- The title should be lengthy and clear
- The heading of the article should be short, clear and informative
- Only the introduction and the conclusion should be attractive and attention seeking
- Target the audience
- One can advise, suggest and give the solutions to a problem in any paragraph other than the starting one
- The language and the style of writing should be according to the concerning readers
- There must be only three paragraphs in an article – introduction, middle one, and conclusion
- Use proper punctuations
- Use any tense , person, voice, as many abbreviations , and self-made words while writing an article
Which class are you in?
- Article Writing
Article Writing Format: Explore How To Write, Example Topics and Tips
Have some great ideas, opinions and suggestions you wish you could share so that it could reach readers all around the world? One of the best ways to get your thoughts across the globe is by writing an article. There are techniques you can use to write the different types of articles. This piece on article writing will give you all the tips and tricks you need to master before you start writing your article.
Table of Contents
The art of writing an article, how do i write a good article – tips and techniques, article writing samples, faqs on article writing.
An article is a piece of writing which explicates ideas, thoughts, facts, suggestions and/or recommendations based on a particular topic. There are different kinds of articles, namely:
- Expository article – The most common type of article which allows the writer to put out information on any particular topic without the influence of their opinions.
- Argumentative article – An article in which an author poses a problem or an issue, renders a solution to the proposed problem and provides arguments to justify why their suggestions/solutions are good.
- Narrative article – An article in which the author has to narrate mostly in the form of a story.
- Descriptive article – An article written with the aim of providing a vivid description that would allow the readers to visualise whatever is being described. Using the right adjectives / adjective phrases is what will help you write a descriptive article.
- Persuasive article – An article aimed at persuading or convincing the readers to accept an idea or a point of view.
Writing an article takes a lot of effort on the side of the writer. Content writers/creators, bloggers, freelance writers and copywriters are people who have mastered the art of article writing, without which they would not be able to make their mark as a writer of any kind.
In order to be able to write an article that makes sense in the first place, you have to keep a few things in mind.
- The first and foremost thing that you have to take care of when you are sitting down to write your article is to check if you are well aware of the topic you are going to write on.
- The second thing that you have to ask yourself is why you are writing the article.
- The next thing that you have to focus on is the kind of audience you are writing the article for because unless you know your audience, you will not be able to write it in a way that makes them want to read it.
- The language you use is very important because, without the right spelling, correct grammar , punctuation and sensible sentence structure , the article would not be able to sell itself.
- Use keywords so that you get a good number of reading audiences.
- Maintain coherence within and between paragraphs.
- Double-check the data and information you provide, irrespective of the type of article.
- Keep the title and description as short and catchy as possible.
- Edit and proofread before it is published.
To help you understand better and practise the art of article writing, read through the articles given below:
Can I write a good article?
If you know all the information about the topic you are going to write about, a good hand over the language, a knack to keep it simple and interesting throughout, you can write a good article.
What is the format of an article?
The article should have a title/heading and a description that states what the article is about. The body of the article can be split into 3 to 5 paragraphs according to the volume of content with respect to the topic you are discussing. You can have subheadings and use bullet points wherever possible. Make sure your introduction makes people want to read the whole article and your conclusion leaves them satisfied.
How many paragraphs should there be in an article?
An article should have a minimum of 3 to 4 paragraphs. The writer is, however, given the choice to present the content in more than four paragraphs, if it would be better for the article.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Request OTP on Voice Call
Post My Comment
- Share Share
Register with BYJU'S & Download Free PDFs
Register with byju's & watch live videos.
Article Writing Format for Class 12 in English
Article Writing Format, Article Writing Topics and Examples for Class 12. To know all about Article Writing format read this article
Table of Contents
In this article, we have covered entire article writing format. You can read the article to know about the format in which you should write an article. This article writing format can be used for any class student.
Article Writing for Class 12
Article Writing : Suppose I have different opinions regarding a topic and I want to tell people to know about it. How Shall I do so? I can tell the different opinions to persons near me. But what if I want to tell not only to those people but also, say, the world and universe? How will I do so? I shall write those opinions, isn’t it?
Many a time I have seen some writers or people write their problems and their suggestions in some newspapers, magazines, and journals or in their blogs on daily basis. He is writing his opinions and beliefs in the form of an article. In this section, we will get ourselves familiar with all the information about article writing and the article writing format.
Article Writing in English
An article is a piece of writing, which contains information you (as a writer) want to convey to the audience. It can be informational, educational, entertainment-related, or of any other form. It is based on a single topic for which the entire article provides an insight.
Article Writing can also be known as expressing one’s thoughts on a topic through meaningful words. These words combined to form a paragraph and eventually an article.
Article Writing Format
In Article Writing, An article must be organized in a proper way to grab the attention of the reader. It is very important for the author or writer to first know the Article Writing format of the composition and also mention the details consequently.
Title of the Article
Byline (About the Article)
Body (Main Content of the article)
Paragraph 1 (Introductive paragraph)
Paragraph 2 (Descriptive paragraph)
Paragraph 3 – Any additional information (if required)
Paragraph 4 – Conclusion (Ending part of the article)
Also Read: Diary Entry Format
Article Writing Format: How to make an Article Writing Format?
Few points must be kept in mind while writing an article. All the points are listed below.
- Heading: The heading of an article should be meaningful and catchy. It should be related to the topic which surrounds the article.
- Introduction: The introduction part should be short and sweet. In few lines, you should be able to summarize what will be the direction of the entire article.
- Trustable Information : The article should be backed up with relevant data and trustable information from sources. This makes the readers believe in what you present in the article.
- Engaging : Adequate use of passive voice, humor, rhetorical questions should be present to make the article an engaging one.
- Proper Joining Words : To make the article complete, the writer should use words like ‘however, ‘therefore’, ‘to’, etc. This will make the sentences clearer and the article will appear to be a complete one.
- Conclusion : The conclusion of the article should be a good one and the strongest one with valid concluding points.
As we now know about some of the points that should be kept in mind while writing an article; Let’s now have a look at the marks allocation of article writing.
Know about notice writing format .
Article Writing Class 12: Mark’s Distribution
Total Marks to be awarded are divided equally among three sections of the article. First are the Heading, date, and the writer’s name. These two must be mandatorily present in all the articles you write.
The second distribution of marks depends upon the content and the relevancy of the same with trusted sources. And finally, the third division of marks is based on the accuracy and fluency of the article. This is important as it decides the flow of the article.
Also Read: Format for Informal Letter Writing
Article Writing Format Topics Types
There are 4 basic types of article writing. The types are:
Expository Article Writing format
Expository Article Writing is subject-based and conveys information without influencing the opinion. It is the most used article type. It is suitable for a news articles, education articles, etc.
Persuasive Article Writing format
A persuasive article convinces the reader about the opinion of a topic. It is a manipulative type of article writing where the reader is being influenced by the thoughts of the writer. It is often used when the writer has a certain way of thinking about a topic and wants to have more people with the same mindset. This type of article is always backed up with a justifiable reason to accept an opinion.
Descriptive Article Writing format
Descriptive Article Writing is an article that is written in-depth for the mentioned topic. This type of article is poetic. Specificity is the word that goes with the descriptive type of articles. The writer should be well-versed with the topic for which the article is to be written.
Narrative Article writing format
Story-telling articles are known as narrative ones. You have to use the correct tone, and the flow of the article depends upon the reader’s age group. Humour is the magic in these types of articles.
Article Writing Format Class 12 Board Exams
Here We discussed the Article Writing Format for Class 12 Students. Article Writing Question comes in class 12 board exams on a regular basis.
Read More Article Related To This
Article Writing Format Class 12 QNAs
Where do we use articles.
Articles are used in all forms. It can either be in online mode or offline. For online mode, article writing is required for the different web pages to pass information. In offline mode, article writing is used in newspapers, pamphlets, etc.
Is there any specific format for writing an article?
Yes, there is a specific format for writing an article. It should contain the heading, writer’s name, and date for the header section. In the body of the article, the main content resides and at last, the conclusion part ends with the thanking note.
What is meant by the tone in article writing?
The tone in article writing is the mood which the writer induces in the readers through the words.
Why do we need article writing?
We need an article to pass information or to discuss a topic between the readers and the writer.
Sharing is caring!
Yes, there is a specific format for writing an article. It should contain the heading, writer's name, and date for the header section. In the body of the article, the main content resides and at last, the conclusion part ends with the thanking note.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- CBSE Date Sheet 2024 Out
- JEE Mains Syllabus 2024 [Reduced]
- NEET Syllabus 2024 [Reduced]
- NEET 2024 Exam Date
- JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date
- CUET 2024 Exam Date
- CBSE Class 10 Additional Practice paper
- CBSE Class 12 Additional Practice paper
CBSE Board Exam 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Answer Key All Subjects
- CBSE Class 12 Answer key All Subjects
- CBSE Class 12 Sample paper 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Sample paper 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Previous Year Papers
- CUET Syllabus
- CUET Previous Year paper
- CUET Participating College & Universities
- JEE Main 2024
- JEE Main Syllabus 2024
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2023
- NEET 2024
- NEET Syllabus 2024
- NEET State wise Cut off
- NEET Rank Predictor
- NEET OMR Sheet
- NEET College Predictor
Important exams, ncert solutions.
- NCERT Class 12
- NCERT Class 11
- NCERT Class 10
- NCERT Class 9
- CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 11
- CBSE Class 10
- CBSE Class 9
- CBSE Result
- JEE Mains 2024
Our Other Websites
- Teachers Adda
- Bankers Adda
- Adda Malayalam
- Adda Punjab
- Current Affairs
- Defence Adda
- Adda Bengali
- Engineers Adda
- Adda Marathi
- Adda School
Get all your queries solved in one single place. We at Adda247 school strive each day to provide you the best material across the online education industry. We consider your struggle as our motivation to work each day.
Download Adda247 App
Follow us on
- Responsible Disclosure Program
- Cancellation & Refunds
- Terms & Conditions
Article Writing Format – Topics,Purpose,Examples (2022)
Written by rachit agrawal , mba.
These days, there’s too much to read and learn. Have you ever observed how your favourite bloggers or authors produce fresh content on a regular basis? Writers must be particularly cautious about how they communicate their thoughts in the digital age. It should be compiled in such a way that it has a wider impact at the same time. Article writing, on the other hand, is not for everyone and needs innovative thinking. Whether you want to take Content Writing classes or further your journalism profession, a writer must stick to the framework and express ideas in a well-structured manner.
Articles, too, have a specific structure. Before we go into how an article should be written, let’s go through the fundamentals.
Table of Contents
What is Article Writing?
An article is a piece of material published to influence or convey information to the general public, and it plays a significant role in society. The format and style of article writing might differ depending on the subject or author. An perfect article, on the other hand, is one that gives individuals with all important factual information, piques their interest, pushes them to think, and prompts them to act.
Purpose of Article Writing
The following purpose should be kept in mind when writing an article:
- It should draw attention to the topic or issue of interest.
- All of the relevant information must be discussed in the article.
- It has to make or offer suggestions to the readers.
- It must be able to make readers think and have an impression on them.
- People, locations, growing difficulties, and technology breakthroughs are all themes that must be included in the piece.
Article Writing Format
Whatever you want to write, it is critical that you first understand the article’s structure before adding specifics. Let’s take a look at the article writing structure you should bear in mind while generating your content. It is divided into three sections: Heading, Byline, and Body.
Heading or Title
The heading is the first thing that people see and the most significant part of any article. It is critical to offer the article a snappy title of no more than 5 to 6 words in order to capture the attention of the readers.
The byline appears below the title, and it contains the name of the person who wrote the piece. This section assists the writer in receiving the credit that they are due.
The major material of an article is found in the body. Whether creating a tale or an article, the author is solely responsible for determining the length of the piece and the number of paragraphs that will contain the material. An article usually consists of three or four paragraphs, the first of which introduces the reader to the article’s topic as well as any vital information. The crux of the issue will be discussed in the second and third paragraphs, which will include all relevant information, case studies, and statistics. Following that, the essay will finish with the fourth paragraph, which will address the remedies to the challenges described in the second and third paragraphs
Article Writing Format CBSE Class 12
Article writing format in CBSE for class 12 is simple and easy. English is an important subject in class 12th boards as it can increase your percentage if attempted smartly and correctly. There is always one question based on article writing in board examination.
The article writing format consists of three parts:
The first thing before writing an article is to write the heading of the article. The heading should be brief and it should contain no more than 5-6 words. Make sure to write an appropriate and catchy heading as it will have a good impression on the examiner. The next step is to write a line. In a byline, we write the name of the person writing the article. You can write any fictitious name unless the question has asked to write a specific name of the writer. Do not mention your name in a by line. Many times students forget to write the byline and lose marks in the exams, make sure you don’t. The last important part of the format is the body of the article. Your body contains the main content of the article. You can divide the body into the following three parts:
- 2-3 Paragraphs
In the introduction , try to introduce your article in 2-3 sentences. It is a great idea to begin your writing by quoting famous quotations, also, don’t forget to mention the name of the quotation writer. Make sure to write a brief introduction to arouse the interest of the reader.
The body consists of 2-3 paragraphs. You have to do a complete analysis of the topic given in the question. If there are any types or any current scenario related to the topic, you can mention them in the form of paragraphs and give a few examples as well.
In the conclusion , write 2-3 sentences summarising the whole article. This will let your reader know that the article is about to end. You can also write a few suggestions in the conclusion if the topic requires.
Article Writing Format CBSE Class 11
It is quite challenging to write an article as it requires you to think creatively, to have a thorough knowledge of the subject, and to have a good vocabulary. In addition, you must keep in mind the reader of the article while writing. An article is a piece of non-fiction writing and it can be written for many purposes like informing, persuading, and entertaining the reader.
The article writing format for CBSE class 11th is the same as the article writing format for CBSE class 12th. The format has three components- Heading, Byline, and Body.
As the name suggests, the heading of the article includes the brief topic of the article. It should be written in not more than 5-6 words. From the exam point of view, make sure to write a catchy heading for your article.
Byline is the name of the person writing the article. It is written below the heading of the article. Do not mention your name in the byline while writing an article for the examination.
The body is where the main content of the article goes into. There are mostly 3-4 paragraphs in the body that includes an introduction, 2-3 paragraphs explaining the topic, and the conclusion of your article.
While writing an article in the exams, make sure you keep the following things in your mind to write a good article.
- Read the question carefully for understanding the hints/information given in the question.
- Use the hints and information given in your writing which will also help you write a coherent article.
- Divide your article into several paragraphs. It will make it easier for you to write your topics and explain them. All the sentences in each paragraph should logically lead to the objective for which the article is being written.
- To link the paragraphs and make your writing smooth, you can use transition words like therefore, however, in addition, etc.
- The language of an article should be straightforward, to the point, and objective. Avoid using informal slangs and short word abbreviations.
- Articles are usually written in the third person.
- Make sure you write the article in the word limit as given in the question. (150-200 words)
Article Writing Format CBSE Class 10
Article writing is common in English learning. While writing an article an individual should keep a few things in mind that the article should be brief but complete, it should be written in a straightforward language, the language should be simple and correct, and it should be interesting and humorous.
The same format is followed in class 10th in which an article has a heading, byline, and body.
Write an article on ‘Importance of Morning Walk.’ You are Amit/Anita. Use the following clues:
- makes you rise early
- blood rushes through your body
- energy for the day hungry for breakfast
- good for studies
- all-day active
Importance of Morning Walk
A Morning walk is important in our daily life. We tend to get up early in the morning and put on our sports shoes and shorts and go to a nearby park. We are able to breathe in the fresh morning air which is refreshing, cool, and invigorating. We can feel our pulse going up, blood rushing through our body after a brisk morning walk. The walk energizes our body for the day. We start feeling hungry at breakfast time. It has been observed that people who go for a morning walk have been found to be good at their studies; their retention abilities are better than those who do not go for a morning walk. They also stay active throughout the day.
Step By Step Guide for Article Writing
Let’s have a look at the five easy phases involved in the article writing process now that we’ve established the format:
Step 1: Find your target audience
Before writing on any subject, a writer must first determine who the essay is intended for. It might be a specific group of individuals, such as children, students, teens, young adults, middle-aged, elderly people, businesspeople, or members of the service class. Choose a topic that has a direct or indirect influence on their life or communicates relevant information, depending on who you’re writing for.
If the piece is about parents, you may talk about kid psychology, a child’s daily nutritious food, and so on. The tone and the language should also fit the right audience in article writing.
Step 2: Select a topic and an attractive heading
The second crucial stage in article writing is to select an appropriate topic for your essay after you’ve determined your target audience. This provides you an idea of how to approach the article. After you’ve decided on a topic, come up with a catchy title for it.
If you want to inform students on the many Masters specialities available, for example, you could write “Everything you need to know about Masters specialisations.”
Step 3: Research
Research is the most important component of article writing, which comes after choosing your target audience, topic, and title. Read a deluge of articles, statistics, facts, and data, as well as any new regulatory rules, to get a hold on everything that will be featured in the article. Make sure the data is accurate so you don’t say something that isn’t true. Before you start writing, make a rough draught or outline of the article in bullet points and keywords to ensure you don’t forget anything important.
Step 4: Write and Proofread
After you’ve gathered all of the information and data, you may start writing your essay. Start the essay with an opening paragraph, followed by a descriptive and ending paragraph, as previously mentioned. It’s important to proofread your entire post after you’ve finished writing it to make sure there are no grammatical issues. When you detect even the tiniest mistake as a reader, it becomes a significant turnoff. Also, make sure the information isn’t plagiarised from another site.
Step 5: Images and Infographics plays an important role
You may use some infographics in your material to make it even more appealing to readers. Including graphics in the article makes it much more interesting and influential. Thus making the purpose of your article writing successful
Article Writing Topics
There are many topics on which an article can be written. Article writing requires you to think critically and analyze a situation so that you can put your coherent thoughts on the paper for the public. Here are a few topics as simple as asked in the school examinations and competitions to as difficult as asked in the interviews and college-level examinations.
- Article on Sovereignty and Partition of India 1947
- Article on The Rebellion of 1857
- Article on Azad Hind Fauj
- Article on Purna Swaraj Movement
- Article on Rising of Nationalist Movements of India
- Article On Quit India Movement
- Article On Election Commission Of India
- Article on the Importance of Education for Adults
- Article on Royal Indian Navy Revolt 1946
- Article on British Reforms 1919
- Article on Other Revolutionary Movements of Indian Independence
- Article on the Second World War (1939-45) and its Impact on Indian Independence
- Article on Lahore Resolution 1940
- Article on Christmas Island Mutiny 1942
- Article on Arrival of Mahatma Gandhi in India 1915
- Article on Partition of the Province of Bengal 1905
- Article on the Importance of Education in our Life
- Article on the Importance of Education in Society
- Article on the Importance of Education for Children
- Article On the Importance of Education for Women
- Article On Child Labour
- Article on Female Foeticide
- Article on Global Warming
- Article on Health and Fitness
- Article on Farmer Suicides
- Article on Natural Calamities in India
- Article on Pollution
- Article on Save Water
- Article on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Article on Terrorism
- Article on Women Empowerment
- Article On Rising of Indian Nationalism 1885-1905
- Article on First World War 1914-18
- Article on All India Muslim League 1906
- Article on First Non-Cooperation Movement 1920 to 1922
Tips for Writing a Good Article
Mentioned below are some of the tips for writing a good article :
- Make a list of all of your ideas and keep it handy.
- Getting rid of all types of distractions
- Performing thorough research on the subject
- Keeping it basic and straightforward
- Make your ideas into bullet points.
- After you’ve finished the first draught, revise it.
- Make a timer.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Article Writing
Now that you know the phases of article writing and the article writing structure, you’re more likely to make mistakes. Some instances of common errors are as follows:
- Using no facts, quotations, or comparable examples
- Using an overly formal tone Using tough jargon without understanding its meaning
- You haven’t come up with a catchy title for your post.
- There will be no use of paragraphs to divide material.
- Not expressing one’s own personal thoughts or ideas
Ans: The article comprises Heading, Byline, and the Body. The heading is the topic of the article. Byline is the name of the person writing the article. The body has 3-4 paragraphs including – Introduction, Main content of the article, and conclusion.
Ans: The article is written to fulfill multiple purposes like delivering news, to persuade, to address any social issue, and writing academic analysis which is published in print or electronic media.
Ans: The main four purposes of writing articles is to inform, explain, narrate, and persuade. However, there are other purposes of writing as well. These four purposes are the best for the students to start writing articles for the school and college examinations and competitions.
Ans: It is important for the writer to write articles or composing articles to keep the audience in mind while writing as the main purpose of writing is to deliver the message to the reader of the article. The writer must take care of the tone and the language used while writing to a specific kind of audience.
Ans: A term used to show that a noun is a noun without explaining it is called an article. The article a, for example, specifies that the word dog is a noun in the phrase Nick purchased a dog. Anything that behaves as a noun, such as a pronoun or a noun phrase, can be modified by articles.
About the Author & Expert
Rachit believes in the power of education and has studied from the top institutes of iiit allahabad, iim calcutta, and francois rabelias in france. he has worked as software developer with microsoft and adobe. post his mba, he worked with the world's # 1 consulting firm, the boston consulting group across multiple geographies us, south-east asia and europe., related posts.